Farsight Security Distributed Systems Engineer
job id: 2016-6 posted: August 2016 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
The Farsight business is increasingly reliant on technology, your role as a Distributed Systems Engineer (DSE) is crucial to the innovation, and integrations of technology that helps drive the ability of the organization to provide exceptional service to our customers.
As a DSE you will help design, prototype, construct, deploy and maintain cutting edge real-time telemetry platforms. You’ll collaborate with all departments, and at times with outside companies. A DSE is an experienced technologist and developer who can produce a range of capabilities spanning from production-ready code to rapid-prototype or proof-of-concept projects. A DSE should be adept at finding the elegant solution to complex problems.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skills outline below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
- Security, best practices and policies are top of mind on all development projects and processes
- Keeping current with new technology
- Write complete and effective documentation for your projects
- Ensure that Farsight only produces the highest quality of code by acting as a peer reviewer and providing in-depth review along with detailed and thoughtful comments
- Assist Customer Support functions as a subject matter expert assisting with support tickets and troubleshooting activities
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in information technology
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to write and review advanced level code in at least one of the following languages: [C|Python|Golang]
- A working familiarity with some of the following: Cython, shell, m4, perl, ruby, php, C++, Erlang, asciidoc, docbook, doxygen, markdown
- Experience building packages in at least one Linux or BSD platform: Debian, RedHat, FreeBSD etc.
- Understanding of one or more standardized Internet protocols: DNS, BGP, SMTP, etc.
- Familiarity with and adherence to security best practices
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and organize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Commitment to excellence for both internal and external customers
- Experience working with a distributed team and collaborating with co-workers in different time zones
- Ability to travel for conferences and meetings several times per year
- Demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgment showing logical decision making
- Experience in a CI/CD environment a plus
Farsight offers an intellectually-stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, Canada and Europe.
Farsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from members of under-represented groups, the disabled, and veterans of the Armed Forces.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)