Farsight Security — Customer Sales Engineer
job id: 2017-10 posted: December 2017 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security provides the world’s largest real-time actionable threat intelligence information on how the Internet is changing, seeing more than 200,000 DNS-related observations per second since 2010. Leveraging proprietary technology that was purpose-built to manage the volume of data and real-time analyses, Farsight provides security teams with the Internet’s view of an organization’s web presence and how it is changing, whether those changes were made purposely, inadvertently, or maliciously. The world’s most security conscious organizations use Farsight for their real-time threat intelligence information.
Farsight is headquartered in San Mateo, California. The company was co-founded by Paul Vixie and DNS pioneer Paul Mockapetris, both of whom have been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Sales Engineer with experience in the DNS and/or threat intelligence industry.
- Assists the sales teams in identifying customer requirements and needs during conferences calls, sales meetings, product demonstrations, and at various events, both technical and customer facing
- Understands the customer’s environment from a threat and information security perspective, and identifies how our services can help address and resolve potential threat challenges
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and existing customers
- Assists on phone calls with the Account Executive or individually for demonstrations and technical backup, support, and presentations that help identify the needs of the customers
- Provides pre-and post-sales support, training, and education
- Interfaces directly with customers to answer/address problems, concerns, and technical questions regarding our services
- Provisions services for customers to completion and to the satisfaction of the customer
- Provides on-going support to customers on use of products, technical questions, and issues
- Acts as the liaison for customers when coordination is required within Farsight
- Ensures seamless integration and understanding of our products and how they can be leveraged in new and existing customer’s threat strategies and environment
- Assists with writing and verification of documentation
- Maintains professional business relationships with existing customer base for purposes of customer retention and relationship building with the Account Executive
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and integrity when representing the company in daily sales efforts with and without the Account Executive
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education; graduate degree preferred
- At least five years’ experience as a technical sales engineer OR equivalent experience as a DNS administrator, Linux system administrator, or TCP/IP network engineer
- Demonstrated technical background
- Understanding of the principles and application of sales techniques such as ‘Strategic Selling’ and ‘Pain-Based Selling.’
- Understanding of DNS and the role it can play in threat and brand protection
- Additional foreign language skills are a plus
- Ability to pass a background check
- Some Travel will be required
- Eligibility to legally work in the United States
Farsight offers an intellectually stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, and Europe.
Farsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from members of under-represented groups, the disabled, and veterans of the Armed Forces.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)