Farsight Security — VP Global Sales
job id: 2017-6 posted: December 2017 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security provides the world’s largest real-time actionable threat intelligence information on how the Internet is changing, seeing more than 200,000 DNS-related observations per second since 2010. Leveraging proprietary technology that was purpose-built to manage the volume of data and real-time analyses, Farsight provides security teams with the Internet’s view of an organization’s web presence and how it is changing, whether those changes were made purposely, inadvertently, or maliciously. The world’s most security conscious organizations use Farsight for their real-time threat intelligence information.
Farsight is headquartered in San Mateo, California. The company was co-founded by Paul Vixie and DNS pioneer Paul Mockapetris. Both of whom have been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame.
We are looking for driven VP Global Sales with experience in the DNS and/or threat intelligence industry. You will lead a team responsible for both direct and indirect sales as well as managing the company’s current customer accounts. You will play a critical role in achieving the company’s high-growth goals.
- Build, develop and manage a sales team capable of meeting revenue quotas and other sales initiatives
- Develop and continually monitor sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Manage multiple channels ranging from web to partnerships
- Develop annual sales plan to meet company revenue targets and strategic goals such as customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement sales policies, operational practices and metrics to enhance sales performance
- Help team build and manage pipeline to support quota attainment
- Build and monitor accurate sales forecasts based on pipeline value and other sales oriented metrics such as close rate, lead to close timeline etc.
- Build and track sales compensation plans based on best practices
- Help negotiate sales contracts
- Consistently meet and exceed sales quota
- Work cross functionally with Sales Engineering, Finance, and Customer Success to support sales plan
- Manage complex sales cycles within large accounts with several technical and business decision makers
- 10-15+ years quota carrying experience with a fast-growing technology company
- Fluency with CRM and sales pipeline management tools such as Salesforce as well as lead management tools such as Hubspot, Discover.org etc
- MUST HAVE DNS technical proficiency- OR have threat intelligence industry experience
- Possess a sales DNA, with a strong track record of success
- Ability to assess, manage and optimize multiple lead sources
- Effectively articulate the value of Farsight Security’s solutions as they relate to customers’ critical business initiatives
- Must be very effective in solution selling
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Excellent skills with Excel and Powerpoint
- Travel required
Farsight offers an intellectually-stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, and Europe.
Farsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from members of under-represented groups, the disabled, and veterans of the Armed Forces.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)