Farsight Security — IT Support Technician
job id: 2018-1 posted: May 2018 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security provides the world’s largest real-time actionable threat intelligence information on how the Internet is changing, seeing more than 200,000 DNS-related observations per second. Leveraging proprietary technology that was purpose-built to manage the volume of data and real-time analyses, Farsight provides security teams with the Internet’s view of an organization’s web presence and how it is changing, whether those changes were made purposely, inadvertently, or maliciously. The world’s most security conscious organizations use Farsight for their real-time threat intelligence information.
Farsight is headquartered in San Mateo, California. The company was co-founded by Paul Vixie and DNS pioneer Paul Mockapetris. Both of whom have been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame.
Our IT team supports the business by managing our digital workspace and contributes to ongoing process automation efforts. The team also is also an extension of the Operations team and helps ensure uptime and resiliency of customer-facing services.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skillets outlined below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, maintain, upgrade, and support IT infrastructure, including email and VOIP phones.
- Participate in employee lifecycle including onboarding, training, and offboarding.
- Support remote employees via phone, email, and videoconference.
- Participate in continuous improvement of monitoring and system management tooling.
- Help foster a culture that ensures success for both team members and the business.
- Maintain and promote high standards both within IT and company-wide.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests.
- Adapt quickly to change and handle ambiguity.
- Communicate effectively with individuals with differing knowledge levels and technical ability.
- Work effectively with cross functional groups and participate in problem solving process.
- Be available to take on other responsibilities as they arise.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years IT experience. On-call experience a plus.
- BS in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of laptops, desktops, printers, switches, security systems, teleconference systems.
- Competent with Outlook, Excel, Word, Thunderbird, Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, Android.
- Familiar with LDAP, SMTP, IMAP, VOIP, XMPP, TCP/IP, and HTTP(S).
- Excellent communication, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable working in an office environment, including occasional lifting of computer hardware and working with basic hand tools.
- This staff member will work onsite in our San Mateo, CA office. Should be able to function effectively with a geographically diverse workforce.
Farsight offers an intellectually stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, and Europe.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)