Farsight Security — Business Systems Analyst
job id: 2018-2 posted: May 2018 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security provides the world’s largest real-time actionable threat intelligence information on how the Internet is changing, seeing more than 200,000 DNS-related observations per second. Leveraging proprietary technology that was purpose-built to manage the volume of data and real-time analyses, Farsight provides security teams with the Internet’s view of an organization’s web presence and how it is changing, whether those changes were made purposely, inadvertently, or maliciously. The world’s most security conscious organizations use Farsight for their real-time threat intelligence information.
Farsight is headquartered in San Mateo, California. The company was co-founded by Paul Vixie and DNS pioneer Paul Mockapetris. Both of whom have been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame.
Our Tools Development team supports the business by managing ongoing business process automation efforts. The team also is also an extension of the Operations team and helps ensure uptime and resiliency of customer-facing services.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skillets outlined below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create, build, maintain, upgrade, and support tooling for business process automation.
- Participate in continuous improvement of monitoring and system management tooling.
- Crosstrain and assist with backup coverage for oversight and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Help foster a culture that ensures success for both team members and the business.
- Maintain and promote high standards both within the team and company-wide.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests.
- Adapt quickly to change and handle ambiguity.
- Communicate effectively with individuals with differing knowledge levels and technical ability.
- Work effectively with cross functional groups and participate in problem solving process.
- Be available to take on other responsibilities as they arise.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 years tools development experience. Experience in DevOps environments a plus.
- BS in CompSci or IT management related field, or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with SalesForce and Hubspot.
- Conversant with Apex, Go, and Python, and proficient in at least one of these.
- Familiar with LDAP, PostgreSQL, and git.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Should be able to function effectively with a geographically diverse workforce.
- This staff member will likely work remotely.
Farsight offers an intellectually stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, and Europe.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)