Farsight Security — Program Manager
job id: 2018-3 posted: November 2018 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
The Farsight business is increasingly reliant on technology, innovation, and speed to market. Your role as Program Manager is crucial to our business continuity, business enablement, innovation, and integration of technology that helps drive the needs of the organization overall.
Our solutions are leveraged world-wide across multiple industry segments and verticals to identify, prevent, and take action to protect their organization’s critical assets, infrastructures and brands. In addition, government agencies and investigators utilize the data in their on-going investigations regarding cyber threats. Although Farsight operates in the threat intelligence marketplace, Farsight is not a threat intelligence provider, as such. Farsight provides contextual data that is used by security organizations to determine threats based on their own security algorithms.
As a Program Manager, reporting to the Vice President – Customer Success, you will be advising executive leadership on solutions that will best help our organization grow and perform more efficiently and effectively. You’ll work with and across all business areas, and, at times, with outside companies from beginning to end, outlining the most effective resources, technologies, and integration approaches. You’ll manage multiple programs and oversee projects from requirements, comparisons, financial costs, through design, development to completion. You’ll be working closely with business teams to ensure projects are completed on time and to budget. You’ll own your programs and it will be your responsibility to ensure everyone is doing the right thing at the right time to serve the needs of the business and our employees. It can be a highly varied, flexible, and highly interrupted job with the need to collaborate and to work alongside your peers to research, recommend, innovate, integrate, and implement processes, systems, and technologies.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skills outlined below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
- Oversee, develop, maintain, and manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of assigned programs, processes, and procedures
- Manage scope, timelines, costs, critical paths, and mitigate risk across programs
- Provide coaching and guidance to team members about every aspect of the program so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently
- Continually work across the business to streamline and simplify business processes
- Maintain strong understanding of the Farsight product portfolio and assist in development of product requirements through facilitated design sessions
- Assist in the development of the company’s program and project management processes and tools
- Develop and provide program reporting as needed
- Participate in special projects or perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of program management experience at a successful company in the security, infrastructure, networking, or related software field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, or related business field
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Experience in multiple development methodologies a plus
- Skilled facilitator of design and requirements sessions
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Strong communication, writing, and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment, and energy
- Comfortable with an environment of rapid change typically found in a high-growth company
- Familiarity with Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket (Atlassian) tools, MS Project, and other program management tools
- PMP certification desired, PgMP preferred
Farsight offers an intellectually-stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, Canada, and Europe.
Farsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from members of under-represented groups, the disabled, and veterans of the Armed Forces.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)