Farsight Security — Manager — Customer Support
job id: 2019-1 posted: January 2019 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight is reliant on technology, innovation, and speed to market. Your role as Manager – Customer Support is crucial to our business continuity, innovation, and integration of technology that helps drive the needs of the organization overall.
Our solutions are leveraged world-wide across multiple industry segments and verticals to identify, prevent, and take action to protect their organization’s critical assets, infrastructures and brands. In addition, government agencies and investigators utilize the data in their on-going investigations regarding cyber threats. Although Farsight operates in the threat intelligence marketplace, Farsight is not a threat intelligence provider, as such. Farsight provides contextual data that is used by security organizations to determine threats based on their own security algorithms.
The Manager – Customer Support, reporting to the Vice President – Customer Success, will be responsible for managing the service and support aspects of our customers and partners’ lifecycle. This may include provisioning and implementation of new customers and partners, technical and account support, and related activities that ensure customers and partners satisfaction and continued renewal of relationships with Farsight. This role will also ensure that Farsight’s new products and services are user friendly by focusing on the customer life cycle experience, documentation, and training. To accomplish these tasks, the Manager will recruit, lead, and develop customer-focused team members, and be a vocal advocate of the customer experience within the company.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skills outlined below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
- Conceives and implements support strategies to improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Works across the company to resolve complex customer issues in a way that satisfies the customer while achieving Farsight’s goals
- Makes sure that Farsight is providing customer satisfaction in the best way possible through improving processes, tools, and skills
- Supports Sales in post-sales situations. Represents Farsight to these customers and partners and has authority to commit company resources in these interactions. Takes ownership of issues and is responsible for customers’ overall satisfaction.
- Provides voice of the customer input for product ideation, including new product customer experience requirements, gleaned from customer and partner interactions, to increase competitive differentiation and positioning, customer satisfaction, and/or lower delivery costs.
- Works with Engineering and other functions to ensure products and services can be actively supported from sales through retention processes.
- Makes sure that the Customer Support team is the best it can be through superior organization, training, and management. Leads and grows the Customer support team. Manages the capabilities that enable Customer Support to achieve its goals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 7+ years of Customer Support/Service/Success experience for B2B companies providing software and services through both the direct and indirect channels, at least 4 years management experience.
- Experience in the enterprise security or networking technology markets preferred.
- Experience scaling the growth of Customer Support function in alignment with size of company and resources.
- Experience managing the implementation of processes, policies, and tools to enhance service levels.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in a technical field.
- Experience with DNS and / or network security a strong plus, both IPv4 and IPv6. Knowledge of the following technologies are a plus: firewall, IDS/IPS, network security block lists, threat intelligence, security monitoring and operations, brand protection, and security forensics.
- Proven writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Driven and self-motivated with the ability to think strategically AND work tactically.
- Team-oriented with excellent collaboration and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and business level audiences in a compelling and differentiating manner, particularly in customer-impacting events.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate teams to focus on customer success.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous, fast-paced, complex environment with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluency with Confluence, JIRA, and Salesforce preferred
- Extensive experience with service desk solutions
Farsight offers an intellectually-stimulating company environment. You’ll be working with very highly skilled and experienced colleagues. Farsight also prides itself on doing the right thing in the right way.
Farsight has a highly distributed technical workforce with teammates located across the US, Canada, and Europe.
Farsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from members of under-represented groups, the disabled, and veterans of the Armed Forces.
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)