Farsight Security — System Administrator
job id: 2020-3 posted: April 2020 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security, Inc. is the leading provider of contextual mapping data for the network threat intelligence market. Our solutions are leveraged world-wide to identify, prevent and take action to protect organizations critical assets, infrastructures and brand. In addition, government agencies and investigators utilize the data in their on-going investigations regarding cyber threats.
Our Technical Operations team supports the business by operating our technical estate, including development, pre-production, and production environments. The team is responsible for 24/7/365 uptime and resiliency of customer-facing services.
Your role is very important to the company’s success. The requirements and skillsets outlined below are not all inclusive of the role and responsibilities of your job.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, maintain, upgrade, and support datacenter and system infrastructure.
- Participate in continuous improvement of monitoring and system management tooling.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide for a stable, secure, documented, scalable and responsive systems environment.
- Help foster a culture that ensures success for both team members and the business.
- Work closely with other teams, including Engineering, Research, and Customer Support.
- Maintain a “hands on” familiarity with all aspects of architecture and infrastructure.
- Maintain high standards both within Technical Operations and company-wide.
- Prioritize multiple streams of work, ensuring investment aligns with company needs and deadlines.
- Manage ambiguity and change, adapting as the details of a situation emerge.
- Communicate effectively with individuals with differing knowledge levels and technical ability.
- Work effectively with cross functional groups and participate in problem solving process.
- Be available to take on other responsibilities as they arise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiar with operation and maintenance of servers, switches, and other datacenter gear
- Experience with lights-out system management, production monitoring, and centralized system management tools
- Experience with virtualization environments, KVM and OpenStack a plus
- Specific experience with DNS
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills, including experience writing internal operational documentation
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy
- Strong customer service orientation
- Some travel is required with trips several times a year to visit various colocation facilities
- Comfortable working in a colocation facility, lifting hardware up to 50 lbs. into and out of racks, and working with basic hand tools
- Experience working with a distributed team and collaborating with co-workers in different time zones a plus
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)