Farsight Security — Events Coordinator
job id: 2021-1 posted: January 2021 applications: email <email@example.com> principals only, no recruiters
Farsight Security, Inc. is a leading Silicon Valley cybersecurity firm committed to making the Internet safer for all users. We deliver DNS Intelligence tools to top Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies in the U.S. and around the world.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter who is highly organized, detail oriented with a passion to work in the fast-changing cybersecurity industry. As an Events Coordinator, you will help identify and manage 10-15 events per year, from in-person trade shows and trainings to virtual events such as webinars, that will build awareness for our brand, generate demand for our products, and demonstrate our proven expertise in the security market. Our ideal candidate will be a remote employee, based out of the Bay Area, who will support the Director of Corporate Communications at Farsight Security, Inc.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Communications, Lead-Gen, and other cross-functional teams to help plan, coordinate, and execute numerous events per year
- Participate in pre-show planning and management of event coordination including but not limited to: managing and meeting deadlines for all event logistics, identifying and supplying appropriate marketing collateral, pre- and post-show communications with internal event team and company employees
- Work closely with outside vendors and other conference organizers to meet deadlines
- Coordinate and manage all event inventory including booth displays and signs, demo sites, event presentations, sales and marketing collateral, prizes and giveaways, etc.
- Work with Director of Corporate Communications and other company executives to develop timely topics for industry speaking events
- Build strong relationships with in-house staff, customers, partners, and industry experts
- Travel approximately 25% or more to select events
- Meet regularly with the Director of Corporate Communications, in-person at company San Mateo HQ or virtually, over videoconference
In Return You Will Bring
- 2-4 years of event coordination experience
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, and writing skills
- Basic understanding of the cybersecurity market and a passion to learn more
- Problem-solving capabilities and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Strong computer skills –ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other key software programs
Submit a resume, via email to Farsight Security at firstname.lastname@example.org (principals only, no recruiters, please)